November 2020, dates to be defined
5 nights / 6 days
2'850 to 3'250 EUR
This 6-day photo trip takes you through the most beautiful places of west and north Iceland. From famous Snæfellsnes and Kirkjufell Mountain to the far north and roaring waters of Goðafoss. the wast lava fields and of course numerous waterfalls. During the trip we will travel in two 4x4 vehicles and visit some of the best known places, and also unknown beauties of West and the North. If the forecast will be promising, after dinner in the very best hotels Iceland can offer, nightly Aurora search will begin and we will photograph the beautiful scenery that we saw during the day in the light of Aurora Borealis.
- Tour dates to be defined
- Availability: 6 places. NOTE: minimum 4 persons required to guarantee the departure
- Dificulty level: easy
- Locations: Snæfellsnes Peninsula, North Iceland
- Guides: Réza Kalfane, Valentino Valkaj
- Price including 200 EUR Early Bird discount, based on shared accommodation. Single accommodation possible by request for extra fee:
- 4 people option / 3250 EUR per person
- 5 people option / 3050 EUR per person
- 6 people option / 2850 EUR per person
- Early Bird discount is valid if you reserve your place and pay a deposit until 30.9.2019
- Deposit: 900 EUR
- Group (3 and more) discount: 100 EUR / per person
- Pick up / drop off at Keflavik Airport
- All transportation during the tour in two 4x4 vehicles
- Photo tour guidance by two landscape photographers
- Accommodation for 5 nights in the best hotels in Iceland (based on double/ occupancy, which means you will share a room with another person from the group, single occupancy is possible by request)
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch-snacks, dinner)
- Photography gear
- Single accommodation
- Spectacular winter scenery with mountain peaks that are dripping straight to the Atlantic Ocean
- Reykjavik, Snæfellsnes, Akureyri, Goðafoss, Mývatn
- Professional photo guidance by two landscape photographers
- Gorgeous winter light and Northern Lights during the night
- Very best hotels and food
- Travelling in style with two 4-wheel drive vehicles capable of going on any road with enough space for you and your photo gear
- The workshop is suitable for all photographers, amateurs or pros
We will be staying in the beautiful Icelandic hotels that are perfectly located near the best places and with the most amazing Icelandic couisine. If you want to be a single person accommodated, extra fee applies.
- 1st night: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina, Reykjavik
- 2nd night: Hotel Egilsen, Stykkisholmur
- 3rd night: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri, Akureyri
- 4th night: Hotel Búdir, Búdir
- 5th night: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina, Reykjavik
Day 1, Reykjavik
On the first day, we will pick you up from Keflavik International airport. First night we will be staying in icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina. This is the perfect starting point for our adventureto the North. On the welcoming dinner we'll get to know each other and discuss our plans for the next five days.
Day 2, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Kirkjufell Mountain
After the breakfast in amazing Icelandair Marina Reykjavik Hotel, we'll head north towards Snæfellsnes where we will explore the peninsula and the area around the most famous mountain in Iceland, Kirkjufell or the "Pyramid Mounatain" and Kirkjufellfoss. We will spend the rest of the day shooting at several locations before coming to our enchanting Hotel Egilsen in a small town of Stykkisholmur. After the dinner if the conditions will be right we will attempt to shoot Aurora Borealis.
Day 3, Arrival in Akureyri
After the breakfast we'll spend the day moving to the North and shooting on numerous locations on the way. Our final destination will be the town of Akureyri, which is not far from Goðafoss waterfall, our desired sunset location for the day. After the dinner, again if the conditions will allow us, we'll go and shoot the Northern Lights.
Day 4, Aldeyjarfoss, Lake Mývatn
After a big breakfast at Icelandair Hotel Akureyri we'll head to the east and visit euthropic lake Mývatn. After we'll start to go back to the west and if the road condition will allow us, visit one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland, Aldeyjarfoss. In the evening we are expected to arrive to the magnificent Hotel Búdir on the Snæfellsnes Peninsula. Aurora Borealis hunting will be planned according to the conditions.
Day 5, West and south coast of Snaefellsness, arrival in Reykjavik
First thing in the morning we'll hop into our 4x4 jeeps and head over to the west coast where we'll shoot a sunrise at Snæfellsjökull National Park. After the early morning shoot we'll be back to fill our energy with a big breakfast in Hotel Búdir and continue our exploration of the south coast of Snæfellsnes. Finally we are expected to arrive in Reykjavik in the late afternoon hours where we will settle in Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina. In Reykjavik we will have our last dinner together.
Day 6, Departure
On last day after the breakfast at the hotel we'll be on time at Keflavik International airport for the departures and say our goodbyes.
From our own experience, very precise daily plan for Iceland is not possible. We will have to adapt to the weather and the Northern Lights.
Warm, windproof and water resistant clothes are required, along with water resistant winter shoes.
Weather in Iceland can be challenging and is constantly changing.
- Camera with manual functions, extra batteries
- Wide and normal zoom lenses (>70 mm)
- Telephoto zoom lens (>200 mm >) recommended
- Cable release
- Neutral density & polariser filters recommended
- Extra storage for backing up your files highly recommended
Reserve your flight on time. When reserving, pick Keflavik International airport as a final destination. Numerous airlines fly there on a daily basis from all over the world. Icelandair has very good connections with U.S. and Europe and in my opinion, it's one of the best airline companies today. Check out their Stopover for up to 7 days
Book your flight with arrival no later than 5 p.m. If you need any help with flight booking feel free to contact us
Maximum number of participants is 6 and minimum to guarantee the departure is 4
A non-refundable (unless exceptional cancellation of the Tour) deposit of 900 EUR will be required to secure your booking, with the balance due 30 days prior to commencement of the Tour
No insurance is included in the price, so make sure to have all necessary travel and gear insurance. Tour guides cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during the Tour If you have any questions feel free to contact us. Please reserve your spot by sending an inquiry to email and we'll get back to you with instructions how to make the payment.