East & South Iceland, March 2019
Tuesday 5 - Sunday 10, March 2019
5 nights / 6 days
2'850 € to 3'250 €
This 6 days photo trip takes you through the most beautiful places on the East and South Coast of Iceland. From famous waterfalls and not so well known gems, to the town of Höfn and famous Vestrahorn Mountain, the vast black sand beaches, majestic East Fjords, and of course the Ice Cave tour inside of Vatnajökull Glacier. During the trip we will travel in two 4x4 vehicles and visit some of the best known places, and also less known gems of the South. If the forecast will be promising, after dinner in the very best hotels on the South Coast of Iceland, nightly Aurora hunting will begin and we will photograph the beautiful scenery we saw during the day in the light of the Aurora Borealis.
- Tour dates: 5.3. – 10.3.2019
- Availability: 6 places. NOTE: minimum 4 persons required to guarantee the departure!
- Dificulty level: easy
- Locations: Egilsstaðir, Höfn, Vatnajökull, Jökulsarlón, Vik, Reykjavik
- Guides: Réza Kalfane, Valentino Valkaj
- Price based on shared accommodation. Single accommodation possible by request for extra fee:
- 4 people option / 3250 € per person
- 5 people option / 3050 € per person
- 6 people option / 2850 € per person
- Deposit: 900 €
- Group (3 and more) discount: 100 € / per person
- Pick up / drop off at Keflavik Airport
- Internal flight Keflavik - Egilsstaðir
- All transportation during the tour in two 4x4 vehicles
- Photo tour guidance by two landscape photographers
- Accommodation for 5 nights in the best hotels in Iceland (based on double/ occupancy, which means you will share a room with another person from the group, single occupancy is possible by request)
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch-snacks, dinner)
- Photography gear
- Single accommodation
- Spectacular winter scenery with mountain peaks that are dripping straight to the Atlantic Ocean
- Reykjavik, Reykjanes, Vik, Black sand beach, Vatnajökull, Ice Cave, Jökulsarlón, Vestrahorn
- Professional photo guidance by two landscape photographers
- Gorgeous winter light and Northern Lights during the night
- Very best hotels and food
- Travelling in style with two comfortable 4-wheel drive vehicles with enough space for you and your photo gear
- The workshop is suitable for all photographers, amateurs or pros
For itinerary, send us an email and we will get back to you with more details.
From our experience, very exact itinerary for the trip is not possible, as we might change our plans according to the weather conditions.
We will be staying in the beautiful Icelandic hotels that are perfectly located near the best places and with the most amazing Icelandic cuisine. If you want to be a single person accommodated, extra fee applies.
Warm, windproof, layered and water resistant clothes are required, along with water resistant winter boots. Weather in Iceland can be challenging and is constantly changing.
- Camera with manual functions
- Wide and a normal zoom lens (up to 70mm), telephoto zoom lens (200mm >) is recommended
- Camera backpack
- Cable release
- Neutral density filters are recommended
- Extra storage for backing up your files highly recommended
- You can bring your drone if you have one, but be sure to have a valid insurance for it
- Reserve your flight on time. When reserving, pick Keflavik International airport as a final destination. Numerous airlines fly to Iceland on a daily basis from all over the world. Icelandair has very good connections with U.S. and Europe, and in my opinion, it's one of the best airline companies today, check out their Stopover up until 7 days
- Book your flight with arrival no later than 10 am. If you need any help with flight bookings please contact us
- Maximum number of participants is 6 and minimum to guarantee the departure is 4
- A non-refundable (unless exceptional cancellation of the Tour) deposit of 900 € will be required to secure your booking, with the balance due 30 days prior to commencement of the Tour
- No insurance is included in the Tour price, so make sure to have all necessary travel and gear insurance. Tour guides cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during the Tour
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time. Reserve your place by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you with instructions on how to make the payment.