Senja & Lofoten
Sunday 9 - Saturday 15, September 2018
6 nights / 7 days
2'350 to 2'750 EUR
This 6-day photo trip takes you through the most beautiful places of west and north Iceland. From famous Snæfellsnes and Kirkjufell Mountain to the far north and roaring waters of Goðafoss. the wast lava fields and of course numerous waterfalls. During the trip we will travel in two 4x4 vehicles and visit some of the best known places, and also unknown beauties of West and the North. If the forecast will be promising, after dinner in the very best hotels Iceland can offer, nightly Aurora search will begin and we will photograph the beautiful scenery that we saw during the day in the light of Aurora Borealis.
- Tour dates: 9.9. - 15.9.2018
- Availability: 6 places. NOTE: minimum 4 persons required to guarantee the departure!
- Dificulty level: easy
- Locations: Senja, Lofoten Islands
- Guides: Réza Kalfane, Valentino Valkaj
- Price including 200 EUR Early Bird discount, based on shared accommodation. Single accommodation possible by request for extra fee:
- 4 people option / 2750 EUR per person
- 5 people option / 2550 EUR per person
- 6 people option / 2350 EUR per person
- Early Bird discount is valid if you reserve your place and pay a deposit until 30.06.2018
- Deposit: 800 EUR
- Pick up at Bardufoss airport (BDU)
- Drop off at Harstad/Narvik Evenes airport (EVE)
- All transportation during the tour in two 4x4 vehicles
- Internal flight from Tromsø Airport to Leknes Airport
- Photo tour guidance by two landscape photographers
- Accommodation for 6 nights (based on double/ occupancy, which means you will share a room with another person from the group, single occupancy is possible by request)
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch-snacks, dinner)
- Photography gear
- Single accommodation
- Spectacular autumn scenery of Senja and Lofoten Islands with mountain peaks dripping straight to the ocean
- Professional photo guidance by two landscape photographers
- Gorgeous golden summer light and Northern Lights during the night (if the weather will permit)
- Traditional Norwegian Rorbuer cottages
- Two comfortable 4-wheel drive SUV vehicles with enough space for you and your photo gear
Day 1, Arrival in Senja, welcoming dinner
On the first day, we will welcome you when you arrive at Bardufoss airport (BDU). First night we will be staying in Hamn i Senja, 1.5 hour drive from the airport, which is perfectly located as a starting point to our adventure to Senja island. On the welcoming dinner we´ll get to know each other and discuss about our plans over the next 7 days.
Day 2 to 3, Exploring Senja
2nd day we will start after a big breakfast. Our photo adventure will start by visiting some of the most famous views in Senja. Each day will end with a very delicious dinner from our hosts at Hamn i Senja and, if the weather conditions will permit, we will hunt for Aurora Borealis.
On the 3rd day afternoon we will say goodbye to amazing Senja and start our journey to Lofoten Islands. To reach them in the least harmful and fastest possible way, we will take a plane with Norwegian carrier Widerøe from Tromsø and fly to Leknes, right in the heart of Lofoten. Flight tickets are included in the tour price.
Day 4 to 6, Arriving in Lofoten, Exploring
We are starting early because we have a lot to see. After the breakfast and a sunrise shoot, we will explore the famous beaches and visit small enchanting fishing villages that hide inside of the fjords. On 4th and 5th day we will be staying in one of the most famous cottages in all of Norway, Eliassen Rorbu in Hamnøy.
Day 7, Departure Day
On the last day, after the breakfast in Svolvær, we will start our 2 hour journey to Harstad/Narvik Evenes airport (EVE) where we will catch our flights home, but unfortunately, we will have to say goodbye to each other.
Warm, windproof, layered and water resistant clothes are required, along with water resistant hiking boots. Weather in Northern Norway in autumn can be challenging and is constantly changing, it can be especially wet and that is why good hiking boots are precious to keep you dry. Although it might not be so cold as in the middle of winter, with proper winter clothing you can rest assure you will be concentrating on taking amazing pictures, instead on thinking how your clothes are wet. Better be safe than sorry!
- Camera with manual functions
- Wide and a normal zoom lens (up to 70mm), telephoto zoom lens (200mm >) is recommended
- Camera backpack
- Cable release
- Neutral density filters are recommended
- Extra storage for backing up your files highly recommended
- Reserve your flights on time. When booking, pick Bardufoss airport (BDU) as a final destination. Your return departure flight will be from Harstad/Narvik Evenes (EVE) airport, so be cautious at the booking stage. Norwegian flies to Bardufoss on a daily basis with direct flight from Oslo, and both SAS and Norwegian on a daily basis from our departure airport Evenes (EVE) back to Oslo. SAS and Norwegian both also have very good connections with U.S., Europe and the rest of the world.
- Book your flight with arrival no later than 3.30 p.m. If you need any help with flight bookings please contact us, we will be happy to assist
- Maximum number of participants is 6 and minimum to guarantee the departure is 4
- A non-refundable (unless exceptional cancellation of the Tour) deposit of 800 EUR will be required to secure your booking, with the balance due 60 days prior to commencement of the Tour
- No insurance is included in the Tour price, so make sure to have all necessary travel and gear insurance. Tour guides cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during the Tour
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time. Reserve your place by contacting us and we will get back to you with instructions how to make the payment.